Mind-Body Math: Manipulatives in the Digital Age Infographic
The body helps the mind learn. The process by which our brains and bodies work together to learn new things is called embodied cognition. And that process has been shown to support mathematical thinking.
Research on math education -- and education more broadly -- has verified again and again that the physical actions of learners influence how they think, and vice versa. The Mind-Body Math: Manipulatives in the Digital Age Infographic presents how technology makes it easier than ever to put this research to use in the classroom.
There are a range of emerging technologies that give learners a greater ability to interact with the world around them. And in today’s Digital Age, online digital environments are fast becoming a normal, natural extension of each student's physical environment. These technologies allow for learning to be more “embodied” through the use of digital manipulatives, hand gestures, and whole-body movement.
- Are You Ready for the EdTech Explosion? Infographic
- Current Realities of EdTech Use Infographic
- The State of Technology in Education Infographic
- Technology and the Transformation of Education Infographic
- Reshaping Modern Education with Technology Infographic
Read also: Integrating Technology In The Classroom