How to Create a Connected and Safe Learning Environment Infographic
The How to Create a Connected and Safe Learning Environment Infographic shows how communication leaders across the U.S. are using communication to create a connected, informed, and safe space for learning.
Creating a safe learning environment for your students is key to helping them achieve their academic goals and optimizing their educational experience. When students walk into a classroom they shouldn’t have to worry about safety, they should be focused on learning. And, when parents send their students to school, they shouldn’t have to worry about their well-being and security, instead they should feel informed and connected.
Communications leaders speak up about safety, security and parent communication. Hear what they have to say about their top challenges, most effective types of communication and key priorities for their safety and security strategies.
Communication leaders identified the following as their top challenges:
- Sending effective and prompt communications during emergencies: 50%
- Communicating with parents: 38%
- Reaching the right audiences with the right communication channel: 35%
- School safety: 29%
Communication leaders identified these methods as the most effective for helping their district reach communication goals:
- School or district Facebook account: 76%
- School, classroom, or district informational website: 74%
- School portal that includes information on grades and assignments: 68%
- Text messages to parents’ mobile devices: 64%
- Broadcast or announcement messages to student’s home or parents’ email: 58%
- Mobile app: 49%
Communication leaders identified the following as a priority for their communication efforts this year:
- Share “good news” about school and district success stories: 81%
- Build or enhance district brand/reputation: 69%
- Build trust and confidence in our local schools: 64%
- Increase parental knowledge about school and district policies and programs: 50%