Essentials of Selecting an LMS Infographic
The LMS has evolved from a means of accomplishing administrative tasks associated with eLearning and content support to supporting a variety of functions, including onboarding, on-the-job learning, social learning, and many functions of organizational development and talent development.
Whether you are selecting a new LMS vendor, or choosing one for the first time, it is an important decision. After narrowing down your list of potential providers, it’s a good idea to check in with colleagues in the L&D field about their LMS selection process. The Essentials of Selecting an LMS Infographic highlights nine questions you can ask to get the conversation started.
- What lessons did you learn during the implementation process?
- What worked well?
- Were there any unanticipated issues that you have had to deal with?
- Why did you select this vendor?
- How long did you allow for implementation; was that time sufficient?
- Were there benefits of the system that you didn’t anticipate?
- If you could change one thing about your system, what would it be?
- What would you do differently?
- What tasks during implementation did you underestimate?