How Emerging Technologies Are Transforming Enterprise Collaboration—Infographic
Enterprise Collaboration: The Evolution
- Round table
People had to be within the four walls to collaborate on a project.
- Email and instant messenger
Virtual collaboration came into existence. Location and timing were no longer an issue.
- Social media
Social media revolutionized the power of collaboration and networking by motivating location-independent teamwork and helping people engage in anyone-to-anyone communication.
- Wearable technologies
Wearable computing devices have opened up a whole new world of enterprise collaboration by merging human and technology as one.
Enterprise Collaboration: The Transformation
- Fixed hours
- Complex and time-consuming
- Hoarded information
- Siloed and fragmented
- Simple and quick
- Shared information
- Connected and engaged
Emerging Technologies: The Catalyst Of Change
1. Internet Of Things
According to a Harvard Business Review survey, 58% of respondents say they have seen increased collaboration by implementing IoT-based initiatives. Through IoT, organizations are able to create a real presence for employees anywhere in the world.
2. Artificial Intelligence
AI implementation has helped organizations facilitate intelligent collaboration by building infrastructure that shares data.
3. Big Data
Big Data has helped organizations eliminate the intuition factor and reduce the amount of time taken to make decisions. Now, employees can collaborate and make accurate decisions through data-driven results.
Through chatbots, organizations have been able to create an intelligent environment where employees can easily plan and schedule interactions, respond to text/voice commands and contextualize events.
5. AR And VR
AR and VR solutions are changing how organizations collaborate. Simple productivity tools, such as video conferencing and live chats, have been replaced with immersive face-to-face interactions that feature real facial expressions and physical gestures.
- Smarter and more unified workforce
- Increased flexibility
- Improved quality of work
- Cost consolidation
- Increased innovation
- Data-driven decisions
- Increases visibility and transparency
- 24/7 real-time interactions
- Elimination of redundancy
- Faster product life-cycle management
- Cameras will utilize machine vision to give answers to:
- Are people engaged?
- Is someone distracted?
- What is on the whiteboard?
- The idea of personal, assigned workspace will cease to exist.
- Organizations will increasingly focus on VR for immersive collaboration.
- Human + machine: voice-activated devices and smart machines will create an integrated, AI-based network, which will define collaboration.
- More and more organizations will rely on crowdsourcing as a medium to collaborate and define business strategies.
A better future of enterprise collaboration is on the way!
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.