Campus Safety Tips for College Students Infographic
College is a place to learn, achieve and have fun. The Campus Safety Tips for College Students Infographic provides tips for how to stay safe while on campus, in your dorm, and out at parties.
Golden Rules of Campus Safety
- When walking after dark use the "buddy system" and stay in well-lit areas.
- Know where emergency phones are on campus.
- Report suspicious loitering to campus police.
- If your campus has a safe ride service, be sure to use it if you're alone in an area and need a ride.
- Don't listen to music full-blast while walking or jogging. Make sure you can still hear what's going on around you.
- Make sure a roommate or friend knows your whereabouts when you go out.
In the Dorm
- Close your blinds or curtains after dark, and never dress in front ofawindow.
- Keep a record of serial numbers of computers, printers. Televisions, stereos, and other valuable possessions.
- Never sleep in an unlocked room.
- Program your phone's speed dialto include the campus police
- Don't leave important documents such as bank statements, credit card bills, or other personal information out and unattended.
- Follow the one beer, one glass of water rule. If you're embarrassed about drinking water, fill your beer bottle with water - no one will know the difference.
- Never take drinks from other people and don't leave your drink unattended.
- Always pick a designated driver when going to a party.
- Make sure you have verbal and sober consent from anyone before engaging in sexual activity.
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.