What Is The Future Of Education? Infographic
The Future of Education Infographic
- 50% of all Americans now own either a tablet or an eReader today.
- 79% of American households have a computer today.
- 75% of American households have Internet access at home today.
- 58% of Americans own a smartphone today.
- 3 x as many college students matriculated with a tablet in 2012 as in 2011.
- 90% of college students and high school seniors see tablets as valuable educational tools
- 63% of college students and high school seniors believe tablets will transform the way college students learning in the future.
- 6 in 10 college students prefer digital formats when reading books inside or outside of class.
What is Next About The Future of Education?
- Augmented reality will offer fun and exciting curricula.
- Degrees may mean less to employers in the future, instead putting a premium on proven knowledge.
- The credibility of MOOCs is expected to grow, offering easier access to higher education for free.
- Integrated touch-screens on each student’s desk will allow students to access supplementary content during lectures, keeping students on task, even if they’re distracted.
- Touch-screens also give teachers the opportunity to pose impromptu quiz or survey questions with immediate results, encouraging all types of learners to contribute to class discussions.
- Individual tables will make the student experience more engaging, providing gamified homework lessons that bring course material to life.
- Physical classrooms will include more technology like computers or tablets at every desk.
- The proliferation of MOOCs will make higher education more accessible and credible
- The way teachers teach and the ways students learn will change and adapt as new technologies develop.
The code has been copied to clipboard!
Stay up to date on the latest eLearning news, articles, and free resources sent straight to your inbox!
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.