6 Places You Should Be Using Digital Signs On Campus Infographic
Location, location, location - where you put you digital displays is just as important as what you put on them. You only have a few seconds to engage busy students, staff and visitors at college and universities. Where you put your campus digital signage displays is as important as what you put on them. Some of these may sound obvious, but the benefits of covering all of your high-traffic areas are countless. Here are 6 places you should be using digital signs on campus.
- Entrances and exits: offer interactive wayfinding, and show real-time shuttle maps to help people get around your campus.
- Common areas: .display announcements anywhere people hang out on a regular basis, to guarantee maximum exposure.
- Cafeterias: show menus and specials, promote healthy choices with nutritional information and advice for eating well.
- Libraries: help students find the materials they need, show available workspaces and promote new releases.
- Computer Labs: show how many workstations are free at the moment, which are busy, and how long the wait time is.
- Bookstores: advertise books, software and merchandise, and remind students about important trade-in dates.
There's no point in investing in a digital signage system if people don't see your messages. Walk through your spaces and think about where your audience is looking as they move through. This will not only help inform your design and content, but the placement of your displays. Your might even consider using interactive touchscreens or kiosks in certain locations.