4 Questions Answered: How To Use Scenario-Based Learning And Gain A Better ROI—Infographic
Question 1: What is scenario-based learning?
Scenario-based learning is a popular Instructional Design approach that uses real-life situations.
- It helps learners learn through relatable situations.
- It can also be used to checkpoint or validate their learning.
- Additionally, it provides room for learners to practice what they have learned (in a safe environment).
Question 2: How can you use scenario-based learning?
- For knowledge gain
- To improve retention and keep the "forgetting curve" at bay
- For an effective application of learning on the job
- To validate the learner's recall and basic comprehension (good for basic problem solving)
Question 3: What are the key benefits of scenario-based learning (SBL)?
- It creates sticky learning experiences.
- It facilitates problem-solving in learners.
- It provides a guided exploration to the learners.
- It provides a safe practice zone to gain proficiency and mastery.
- It allows the learners to make mistakes, and through feedback, reinforce the right approach.
- It reinforces the primary messaging.
Question 4: Can scenario-based learning impact ROI positively?
Absolutely. At EI Design, our usage of scenario-based learning for corporate training has helped our customers see the following gains:
- Demonstrable gain for learners: Reflected in performance improvement and triggering the desired behavioral change
- Demonstrable and positive impact on business, as learners gain new skills or improve their productivity
- Improvement of ROI