How To Study While You’re Sick—Infographic
It can be stressful to study for exams while you are sick. Follow these steps to help yourself recover without missing out on valuable exam preparation.
- Pay the doctor a visit to determine the root cause of the sickness and get medicine.
- Take the medication at the prescribed times.
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Create a clean, comfortable study environment but avoid your bed while studying.
- Do undemanding work that does not strain your eyes or brain (e.g., solve past papers rather than memorizing information).
- Eat light and comforting snacks/meals in between study sessions, such as soup, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.
- Get enough rest in between small study sessions (e.g., study for one hour and then rest).
- Have a cup of coffee or tea during your exam preparation but don't overdo it.
- Crack open a window while you study to get some fresh air.
- Don't overwork yourself. If you feel too unwell during your study session, then it's ok to take some rest until you're well again.