Marching Orders for Deploying Mobile Learning Infographic
Thinking about incorporating mobile learning for your company? As the importance of mobile continues to grow, so does the need for a mobile strategy. Check out the Marching Orders for Deploying Mobile Learning Infographic which provides 12 useful tips to deploy mobile learning.
- Consider the business need before all else.
- Think mobile first, then add development resources as circumstances demand. Google always thinks mobile first; the desktop is an afterthought.
- Use mobile to augment. Mobile is a platform for performance support, social interaction or augmenting a course. Don’t simply “re-purpose” courses; it won’t work. Augment the experience.
- Align mobile with training and development. Develop a mobile strategy aligned with your performance and development strategy, with which your training strategy also aligns. This is a good mobile strategy.
- Advantage of the Phone’s Presence Awareness. Where are they? What tlme is it? Follow the need geographlcally and by the clock.
- Deploy tablets when you need to display a lot of data, when space is not a constraint, and when users need to share.
- Provide the least amount of viable information to get things done. You don‘t have much screen real estate to play with.
- Try, Evaluate, Refine. It's never right the first time out.
- Sensors and Cameras. Smartphones have sensors and cameras; use them.
- Vendors and Partners Mobile-Enabled. Are your vendors and partners mobile-enabled? The world is going mobile Is everybody on board?
- Not A Tactic, It's A Platform. Be prepared with a strategy for when the floodgates open.
- Design For Loss of Control. Support BYOD but in a safe manner, including use of ‘apps with business data under prescribed conditions. Let people use their favorite mobile device/app to solve business problems.