At the 7 Things To Remember About Educational Feedback Infographic you will find 7 Educational Feedback Tips that will help Teachers give and receive effective classroom feedback.
- Feedback is not advice, praise or evaluation. Feedback is information about how we are doing in our efforts to reach a goal.
- If students know the classroom is a safe place to make mistakes, they are more likely to use feedback for learning.
- The feedback students give teachers can be more powerful than the feedback teachers give students.
- When we give a grade as a part of feedback, students often don’t see past the grade.
- Effective feedback occurs during the learning, when there is still time to act on it.
- Most of the feedback that students receive about their classroom work is from other students – and most of that feedback is wrong.
- Students need to know their learning target – the specific skill they’re supposed to learn – or else feedback is just someone telling them what to do.