Debunking Myths About Boarding Schools Infographic
The term “boarding school” comes with its own set of stereotypes, some of which are completely false. But some are true, you have to admit. Students who went to a school where they also happened to live all understand the inside jokes. In fact, it’s not too difficult to tell prep school students from kids who went to “the pubs,” just look for these common traits!
- Your Closet Contains Only Preppy Clothes - But no one thinks your threads are cool because they all have them, too.
- You Always Are on the Hunt for Quarters - Even when you are home for the holidays, you know you are hoarding quarters for the washing machine back at school. Or, you only buy food from the vending machine so that you can get the change.
- You Cherish the Internet - Your access at school is slow and only available during certain hours of the day. Why would you waste a single moment?
- What’s a Snow Day? - If you don’t have to travel to school, you don’t get any time off for bad weather. But after class, watch out – there will be wild sledding on the hills behind the maintenance shed.
- Rumors Fly - Even the advanced chemistry teacher knows which girl you have a crush on. And you only told your best friend about it this morning.
- Forced Sports -It doesn’t matter if you aren’t athletically inclined. You will be on a team, so stop trying to resist.
- Acrobatics Required - Even students who aren’t athletically inclined can still manage to become a trapeze artist when they are locked out of their rooms. In that case they can climb ledges and enter through windows.
- Keep it Clean- You live in constant fear of an impromptu room inspection, especially when you haven’t done laundry for a while. Plus, you make your bed every day, even on school holidays.
- Dress-down Day Are Magic - Who else would be super excited to wear jeans once every four months than a boarding school student?
- Sign In, Sign Out - You’ve perfected your movie-star signature thanks to all the practice you got signing in and out every time you left.