5 Statistics To Prove Why The Corporate Workplace Loves Microlearning - Infographic
Delivering content through bite-sized microlearning nuggets eases content delivery and consumption. But why should the corporate workplace adopt microlearning? Check these eye opening stats.
- Reduces Cost of Training
- Rapid development is possible with microlearning modules.
- Microlearning content can be developed 300% faster than traditional eLearning courses.
- It's easier to translate short modules and accordingly, the cost of translation is reduced.
- Improves Knowledge Retention
- Microlearning makes it easier to implement spaced repetition and this improves information retention.
- Learning interventions in the form of microlearning modules help employees beat the forgetting curve.
- Boosts Application of Knowledge
- Microlearnng is perfect to engage learners in regular practice, or provide just-in-time learning that in turn boosts learner's performance.
- Microlearning modules can be made available to learners, exactly at their time of need, providing performance support.
- Enhances Learner Engagement
- Research has proven that employees are more engaged when learning is provided in short bursts that last up to a maximum duration of 7 to 11 minutes.
- Various formats of content delivery such as videos, infographics, animations, and simulations can be used in microlearning to make learning engaging.
- Contributes to In-depth Learning
- Training completion rates are more likely to improve with shorter learning modules.
- Microlearning makes it easier to provide performance support which enables learners to make real-time decisions required in their job.