Mobile Learning in Africa Infographic
As we examine mobile learning around the world we see the following: Africa has the highest mobile learning growth rate in the world, whilst Asia will generate the highest revenues for mobile learning on the planet. North America Mobile Learning follows the typical pattern of a mature market: low growth rate, with high revenues generated.
Here we are taking a closer look at Africa - the continent with the highest mobile learning growth rate in the world - where several countries have mobile penetration rates at over 100% and the mobile telecom market is forecast to grow to US $234 billion by 2020.
In fact, large rural populations across Africa are now avid users of mobile learning technologies, while relatively few have experienced self-paced e-learning on a PC. Another interesting fact which
Africa Mobile Market
- Several countries in Africa have mobile penetration rates over 100%
- The African mobile telecom market is forecast to grow from US $60 billion in 2013 to US $234 billion by 2020, with a CAGR of 21.27%
- Total subscriptions in Africa: 863 million at the end of the first half of 2013.
Africa Mobile Learning Market
- 5 year CAGR: 38.9%
- Revenues by 2017: $530 million
- Large rural populations across Africa are now avid users of mobile learning technologies, while relatively few have experienced self-paced elearning on a PC
- 1 of the 5 major catalysts driving the growth of mlearning is the boom in mobile learning VAS