The America Mobile Learning Infographic
According to research on the mobile learning market conducted by Ambient Insight, the worldwide market for mobile learning products and services reached $5.3 billion in 2012. The five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is 18.2% and revenues will more than double to $12.2 billion by 2017. (Ambient Insight’s 2012-2017 Worldwide Mobile Learning Market Forecast).
Data shows us that consumers dominate this market at a worldwide level (although there will be differences in the general trends between different geographies).
The following infographic is based on the just released – and free to download – m-learning report “Learning on the Go – tips and trends in m-learning”
5 North America Mobile Learning Tips and Trends
- While the growth rate may seem low compared with the other regions in the world, the revenues are extremely high (it’s a mature market).
- The two major buying segments across North America are the consumer and healthcare segments.
- The mobile learning product type that will generate the highest revenues in North America throughout the forecast period is packaged content.
- Canada shows an overall growth rate higher than the US.
- The Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCADU) has the “Taking Ontario Mobile” (TOM) project, which is researching the state of mobile computing, including
mobile learning, and its prospects in Ontario
4 South America Mobile Learning Tips and Trends
- High-speed networks are rolling out across the region at a rapid rate.
- The average mobile penetration in the region is almost 97%. Mobile phone use is extremely high for all socioeconomic groups in the region.
- English language learning is in high demand.
- The major market-driver is the relatively recent launch of dozens of mobile learning VAS products across the region