Over 6.1 Million students were taking at least one online course during the Fall 2010 term. )For more e-Learning statistics you are more than welcome to check the Top 10 eLearning Statistics for 2014 Infographic)
So lets check the Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Education versus Traditional Education.
4 Advantages of Online Education
- Flexibility to work full-time and complete assignments at when convenient
- Ability to obtain a degree from a school in another state/country
- Ideal for military students
- Less travel
3 Disadvantages of Online Education
- Less direct contact with students and professors
- Limited opportunities for student and campus activities
- Subject to "technical difficulties" and software crashes
3 Advantages of Traditional Education
- Direct contact with teachers, students, and advisors
- More access to campus activities
- More suitable for hand on training
3 Disadvantages of Traditional Education
- Less flexibility in class scheduling
- Less cost effective
- More travel to and from class
Do you agree or disagree with the above statement? Would you prefer to take an online or a traditional course and why?
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.