7 Habits of a Highly Ineffective Manager Infographic
Getting a promotion into management is awesome. But if you haven’t had much formal leadership training—and you’re basing your management style solely on your bosses of the past—you may have picked up some less-than-effective habits. And the worst part is, you may not even realize it.
Whether you’re a fresh-faced supervisor or a seasoned boss, take some time to assess the way you manage your team. The 7 Habits of a Highly Ineffective Manager Infographic is a visual summary by Mindflash about the seven habits of which every ineffective manager has cultivated at least one. Want to be an effective manager? Kick these habits and make it happen!
7 Bad Habits of Managers
- Continually break your world.
- Chastise your employees publicly.
- Get all up in their business.
- Withhold positive feedback.
- Be all-knowing all the time.
- Speak before listening.
- Be afraid of discipline.
How to Kick this Habits
- Create trust by not breaking your word.
- Start solving problems in private instead of chastise employees publicly.
- Get to know the desire of your employees and get all up in their business.
- Boost the confidence of your employees by giving them positive feedback.
- Don’t be all knowing and make your employees comfortable.
- Try to listen active instead of speaking before listing.
- Make good and SMART agreements with everyone.