5 Ways to Foster Learning in Your Workplace Infographic
Consider this scenario... You work hard at your job and you're at the top of your field. As a successful manager or entrepreneur, you understand that in order to perform in today's ever-changing world and stay ahead of the competition, you need to continuously develop and master new skills.
However, when it comes to training and the pursuit of knowledge, some of your employees aren't motivated to learn. They are perfectly fine with the status quo and don't see the benefits of continuing their education.
Is it possible to foster learning in a workplace environment like this? Well, yes. The key is to inspire others to pursue continuing education and professional development opportunities whenever possible. In order for your employees to enjoy learning and find the achievement fulfilling, use these five ways to encourage and reward a culture of learning.
After all, learning should be a lifelong endeavor. If you and your team remain open to this idea, the opportunities to learn and collaborate with others are endless. Here are five ways to foster and reward a culture of learning.
1. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Assess which type of training is most appropriate.
- Find topics that are most helpful.
- Ask what they want to learn.
2. Adapt for different learning styles.
- Determine preferences for visual, auditory and hands-on.
- Appreciate differences in your team.
- Vary the learning opportunities.
3. Make learning fun.
- Allow employees to direct their learning.
- Schedule times for peer-learning.
- Host regular learning events.
4. Take advantage of online courses.
- Save on costs in comparison to classroom training.
- Invite coaches and speakers to host webinars.
- Allow individuals to learn at their own pace.
5. Follow up and review information.
- Encourage discussion and questions
- Find ways to remind and refresh.
- Promote the sharing of knowledge.