Why Teach Keyboarding in Elementary School Infographic
The Why Teach Keyboarding in Elementary School Infographic explores the benefits of explicit keyboarding instruction. Keyboarding instruction has many benefits in the classroom. Children need explicit keyboarding instruction to succeed in today's classrooms. Children who are confident using technology tools in a digital setting are prepared for computer-based testing and perform better.
- 12M+ students are facing new tech standards and computer based testing.
- 28% of students’ instructional time is spent using technology—without the foundation skills, students struggle.
Both handwriting and keyboarding are skills students need to master in order to produce effective written work. These two skills work together in the classroom to create an engaged, balanced, and successful learning environment.
The Common Core State Standards and other state standards have increased requirements for student writing throughout the elementary years. These standards also have varying standards for fluent handwriting and keyboarding. This leaves schools trying to determine what is appropriate by grade level in terms of both writing production skills.
Benefits of explicit keyboarding instruction
- Instills more confidence & less frustration
- Fosters digital literacy
- Accelerates performance on standardized tests
- Boosts creative thought
- Advances language srts skills
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.