Video Marketing Statistics That Will Make You Think—Infographic
As one of the most popular and effective forms of digital marketing, video has become the central focus of many modern content marketers.
The Rise Of Video Marketing
Video has quickly risen through the ranks of digital marketing methods over the past few years. In fact, nearly 9 in 10 companies use video as a marketing tool today. When looking at the complete digital marketing landscape, video is one of the most popular content types just behind social media posts for Business-To-Consumer (B2C) marketers.
It Is Not Just Marketing: Video Is Everywhere
Though it's a crucial way to spread your marketing message—and we'll learn more about that later— video is an ever-present communication method in our modern world.
- By 2022, video will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic.
- 85% of American internet users watch online videos.
- Nearly 2 in 3 YouTube users are on the site at least once a week.
Why Video Works For Marketing
Almost all U.S. internet users engage with video, and with nearly 90% of companies using video in their marketing efforts, it's fair to ask why video is so popular. The purpose of marketing is generally to drive traffic and raise awareness of a company and its products or services, and video does just that.
- 9 in 10 marketers have landed a new customer from a social media video.
- More than 3/4 of consumers say a video has convinced them to download an app or buy software.
- In addition to generating interest around a product, video marketing is popular because it helps consumers learn.
The Single Most Desired Method For Learning About New Products
Academic studies have shown video not only enhances students' learning experiences but also boosts their classroom motivation. The same principles apply to the use of video in marketing.
The Brain On Video
We've seen that consumers like video, and companies are responding by using it a lot. But did you know that our brains are hardwired to respond to video differently than to any other forms of social media? If you know a little about the human brain, it's not hard to see why—we are visual creatures. Because video combines pictures—which we love— with motion—which captivates us—it's a combination that compels our attention.
Here are some biological reasons why video is such a valuable tool:
- The brain is wired to shift attention to whatever in the environment is new. With video, that means the movement and action on the screen keeps us watching.
- Our brains engage more fully with a cohesive sequence that tells a story than with disconnected images.
- An engaging story can synchronize the brain patterns of audience members, in effect, controlling what they think.
Bottom Line: Video Drives Results
If you're not convinced yet that video is a scientifically unique way to engage your audience, here are a few other statistics that might convince you.
- Website optimization
Using video on a landing page can increase conversion by as much as 80%.
Video in marketing emails can multiply open rates by more than 6 times.
64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video.
6 in 10 people say watching a video on Facebook has influenced their purchasing decisions.
Almost all consumers 18-34 (96%) watch social media videos at least a few times each week.
Nearly half of consumers engage with brand videos on Facebook every day.