Top 5 Challenges for L&D in 2017 Infographic
Learning and development (L&D) teams perform a vital role within their organization. They are on the front lines of their training program, striving to ensure employees are able to acquire the new skills or knowledge they need in order to help meet their organization’s business needs.
Some aspects of this task have always been challenging: motivating employees to learn, ensuring they retain the information conveyed, and so on. There are, however, some new challenges that come with the modern learning environment. This infographic looks at these challenges, including:
Challenge 1: Motivating Learners
- Offer blended learning opportunities
- Empower Learners
- Offer Experiential Learning
Challenge 2: Engaging Millennials
- Leverage LMS Features
- Provide Accessible Learning
Challenge 3: Effectively Dealing with Change
- Making sure your learners are informed. Remember, nobody likes to be blindsided by change; use emails, intranet, lunch and learns, bulletin boards, or all of the above.
- Involving your users. As we have already seen, learners are more engaged when they are involved; ask for feedback at all stages of the process!
- Explaining the benefits. Show learners how, for example, mobile learning provides much needed flexibility to users, and allows them to learn where and when it’s most convenient. Or how downloadable job aids will enable them to complete their tasks more efficiently.
Today’s LMSs provide a lot of options that will make the day-to-day activities of today’s learners easier than ever – play that up!
Challenge 4: Delivering Consistent Training
- Offer Global Learning
- Use Microlearning
Challenge 5: Proving ROI
Proving ROI, or return on investment, is a great way to show the bottom line value to key stakeholders, and you can do this by making sure your LMS has the reporting capabilities you need.
Reporting can allow you to show:
- Download statistics
- Number of logins
- Certification completions
- Learner progress
By using the tips contained here, you have a good head start on overcoming some of the most common challenges found in today’s workplace. Remember, L&D is a vital role; make sure you’re using all the tools at your disposal!