The Rise of Mobile Learning Infographic
As mobile devices are on the rise in our everyday lives, training is also moving to mobile. Check out this infographic on the rise of mobile learning.
Facts and Stats
- By the end of 2014, the number of mobile-connected devices exceeded the number of people on earth. The worldwide market for mobile learning is predicted to grow from US $7.8 billion in 2015 to $37.6 billion by 2020 at a compound annual growth rate of over 35 percent.
- Roughly 47% of organizations are now using mobile devices for their online training needs.
- 58% of employees would be more likely to use their company’s online learning tools if the content was broken up into multiple, shorter lessons.
- Making required training available on mobile devices for employees will lead to a 40 percent increase in productivity.
Technologies Helping With Mobile
HTMLS allows for:
- Learning professionals to create training courses for a wide range of platforms.
- The creation of custom mobile apps, games, instructional videos, informal learning activities and advanced simulated learning environments.
xAPI allows for:
- Learning at different speeds.
- Visually engaging solutions.
- Advanced tracking capabilities.
- Improved overall retention rates.
Responsive Design allows for:
- No apps or downloads
- Friendly integration with Learning Management Systems
- Future proofing (mobile devices aren’t going anywhere)