The State of Mobile Learning Infographic
iPad Dominate Education Market
- 95% of tablets in the US education system are iPads.
- More than 7 million iPads have been purchased for student by US educational institutions.
- Apple raked in $1 billion in education sales for the first time at the end of last year.
Apps in Education
- Udacity has announced a new NanoDegree program, which will cost $200 a month, take up to a year to complete, and will train graduates to become web developers, IOS developers, or data analysts.
- Coursera is, by some measures, the largest Massive Open Online Course platform, boasting 2.2 million enrolled users from 190 countries.
Countries Investing in EdTech
- The No1 ranked country in math and reading had high-speed broadband connectivity in all of its schools, and all teachers are trained in digital learning. South Korea plans to phase out printed textbook by 2016.
- Turkey aims to supply its students with 10 Million tablets by 2015.
- Thailand’s government plans to supply 13 Million tablets by 2015.
Smartphones – The 2nd Most Popular Educational Platform for Kids
- 61% Television
- 38% Mobile Device
- 34% Computer