The Rising Education in Dubai Infographic
Dubai education is currently on the rise. For years, Dubai stepped up its program on developing the education system. Education in Dubai has really sky-rocketed into a high level of quality and the education’s continuous rise signifies the progressive state of Dubai and the UAE. The Rising Education in Dubai Infographic showcases the best numbers about education in Dubai, including enrollment numbers, schools numbers, population numbers and quality education numbers.
Dubai Uprising: 10 Important Numbers That You Need To Know About Education in Dubai
- Enrollment in Dubai 2013/2014: Dubai has a total of 271.926 enrollees, where 218.386 are expats (non-emirati) and 53,540 are Emirati.
- Enrollment in private schools increased by 10.3% for school year 2013/2014
- Private schools in Dubai offer UK curriculum. It has the highest enrollment rate amongst private schools and higher education in Dubai - 32.2%
- Dubai is currently in line with the international standard of set by the United Nations which is 185-190 calendar days.
- On the 7 emirates, Dubai has the highest proportion of expatriates and therefore the highest concentration of international schools, with 98,000 pupils per million population.
- UAE has more international schools and pupils than any country in the world.
- This 2014, a total of 147 schools in Dubai will employ smart learning programme for students, the Ministry of Education will further the inclusion of smart boards, custom social network and promote interactive learning for students
- UN Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has praised the UAE for lowering rates of illiteracy to less than I per cent.
- Average school fee in Dubai is 1,725 to 98,000 dirham per year.
- Word of mouth: A report from Gulfnews says that Parents in Dubai choose schools for their kids based from the “word of mouth". Not through inspections and ratings published.