Personalizing Learning Infographic
Personalized learning is the tailoring of pedagogy, curriculum and learning environments by learners or for learners in order to meet their different learning needs and aspirations.The Personalizing Learning Infographic explores how curriculum design can address personalized learning.
What is Personalized Learning?
1. How? - Learn How You Want to Learn
2. What? - Learn What You Want to Learn
3. When? - Learn When You Want to Learn
- With others
4. Where? - Learn Where You Want to Learn
5. Why? - Learn Why You Want to Learn
- To advance
- To learn
- To play
- Just because
How to Personalize Learning
1. How? - Multiple Options
- Create curriculum with lots of ways to learn the same content.
2. What? - Multiple Content Density Levels
- Create curriculum with lots of levels to allow learners to go deeper at their own pace.
3. When? - Multiple Time Constraint Options
- Create curriculum that can be consumed at anytime.
4. Where? - Multiple Location Options
- Create curriculum that can be consumed anywhere.
5. Why? - Multiple Perspectives
- Create curriculum with lots of perspectives to address needs of different learners.
Examples of Personalized Learning
1. How? - Delivery
- Dynamic Video
- Scholarly Articles
- Breaking News
- Authentic Projects
2. What? - Levels
3. When? - Constraints
- Little time needed
- Others needed
- Lots of time needed
- Alone time needed
4. Where? - Location
- Favorite place
5. Why? - Needs
- For the professional
- For the just because
- For a child like mind
- For my future