How To Motivate Learners Before, During and After an eLearning Course Infographic
Keeping learners motivated throughout an eLearning course is a challenge for even the most seasoned designers. What is the key to motivating learners and ensuring they stay on track throughout a course? The trick is to line the design with elements that promote motivation before, during, and even after course completion. The How To Motivate Learners Before, During and After an eLearning Course Infographic suggests ways to maintain learner motivation before, during and even after your eLearning course.
Before the Course
- Begin by laying the groundwork and building anticipation for the course.
- Communicate expectations and goals before the course starts.
- Know your audience
- Explain the value of your course beforehand
During the Course
- Design for active participation.
- Give relevant feedback and progress visualization.
- Use a mix of instructional strategies.
- Encourage communication.
- Provide content that is accessible
After the Course
- Celebrate Course Completion
- Provide Takeaways
Keeping learners motivated is a challenging process, especially with eLearning courses. Beat the motivation challenge by building anticipation before the course, engaging the learners consistently throughout and keeping them thinking long after the course ends. The learners should always be forefront in your mind as you design because their success leads to intrinsic motivation, which leads to the ultimate goal of learning.