The Mobile Learning Trends You Should Watch Out For In 2018 Infographic
The demand for mobile learning from the learners is on a steady increase, and it is clearly transitioning from an “option” to a “must have”. In this article, I outline 10 mobile learning trends for 2018 that organizations should invest on.
mLearning or mobile learning is self-paced, learning on the go. Typically, designed for multi-device support, it offers the flexibility to the learners to take learning on the device of their choice. While mLearning or mobile learning as a concept has been there for the last 7-8 years or so, there has been a steep acceleration in its adoption in the last couple of years.
Known for higher engagement, mLearning is being used by nearly 47% of organizations worldwide. This clearly reflects the increased acceptability of mLearning, and also why it is being seen as the future of learning.
The Top 10 Mobile Learning Trends For 2018
- Wider adoption of BYOD or Bring Your Own Device policy
- Transformation of Mobile-friendly (Adaptive) approach to Mobile First (Responsive)
- Increase in usage of mLearning for Formal Learning
- Further acceleration in the usage of mLearning for Informal Learning
- Adopting Personalization to provide customized learning paths
- Content curation to offer relevant learning assets and paths for the learners
- Inclusive learning (featuring contributions from learners)
- Increase in use of Video and Interactive Video-based training
- Higher adoption of formats optimized for mobile devices
- Wider adoption of Gamification