The Increasing Demand for Mobile Learning Infographic
The increasing number of smartphone adoption rate and mobile internet users year by year has fuelled the demand for mobile learning. According to RnR Market Research, Global mobile learning market to grow from $7.98 billion in 2015 to $37.60 billion by 2020.
Why Mobile Learning is said "The future of learning"?
- The number of smartphone users to reach 2.08 billion in 2016.
- Mobile phone internet usage is expected to grow from 52.7% in 2015 to 61.2% in 2018.
- Time spent on mobile will grow to 3.15 hrs/day in 2016.
- 53% of global population will be on web by 2030.
Pointers for increase in demand for mLearning at workplace:
- 90% now own a smartphone or tablet
- 84% download apps
- 74% use a mobile to access resources to do their job
- 57% like to access learning on the go
- 37% access work-related resources whilst they are travelling and only 18% learn at their work desks
- 67% of organisations now offer mobile learning in some form
- 37% provide smartphones or tablets for learning and development
- 38% specifically enable learning resources for mobile devices
According to Towards Maturity report people are moving towards mobile technologies for convenience and connectivity.