MOOCs in Higher Education Today 2013
- 74% of schools currently offer some type of online course. 16% plan to offer one within 3 years.
- 13% of schools currently offer a MOOC. 43% plan to offer one within 3 years, and 44% don’t plan to offer one at all.
- 84% say that MOOCs complement residential education, while 16% say it competes.
- A majority of respondents reported they thought that MOOCs were great for continuing education, non degree programs, technical training, and elective courses.
- The biggest drawback was reported to be the lack of consistent review and grading for providing competencies.
- 44% either currently offer credit for a MOOC or plan to in the future.
- 83% would consider joining a MOOC group (like EdX or coursera)
- Most (67%) still believe that MOOCs will never replace traditional education.
Check the following Trends in Massive Open Online Courses Infographic to find more!
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.