Interview Preparation Infographic
How do some people ace their job interviews every time? Yes, some people are naturally better than others in interviews, but it’s not luck that when people perform so well at every interview. If you’ve ever wondered how they do it then the Interview Preparation Infographic is for you. Research shows that while confidence helps, it is your level of preparation for an interview that is often the decisive factor. The Interview Preparation Infographic explains the five key steps of interview preparation. Follow these carefully and put in the work and you will ensure that you go into your next interview with the winning edge.
5 Key Components of Interview Preparation
- Get organised. Organise everything two days before. Allow extra time for travel delays. Arrive 15 minutes early to the interview.
- First impressions count. 85% of interviewers decide whether to hire someone in the first 3 minutes. Smile and greet your interviewer confidently.
- Demonstrate your energy and enthusiasm.Sit up. Try to relax and enjoy it. Let your enthusiasm show through. Make eye contact. 67% of hiring managers say that failure to make eye contact is the biggest mistake that applicants make. Don’t cross your arms or fidget as that indicates nervousness.
- Research the company and role. 47% of interviewees who have little or no knowledge of the company are rejected. Prepare at least 5 questions. Make sure they are specific to the company and role. Asking about a recent industry change is a good way to show your interest in a company’s market.
- Demonstrate attitude and aptitude. 89% of new hires fail forattitude not aptitude. Make sure you talk about your leadership and teamwork skills.
View also: Best Job Interview Checklist Infographic