How To Increase Brain Power At The Workplace
How To Increase Brain Power At The Workplace Infographic
- Paint the walls green color to improve efficiency and focus
- Meditating 27 minutes a day increases the grey matter in our brains that helps to boost focus and remember things better.
- Ornamental plants increase memory retention and concentration
- Taking photos helps to remember the visual aspects of the moment better
- Keep everything at its place as decluttering brings better focus so that you are staying on task
- Reading printed books helps you better retain information
- The natural light is one of the most important environmental factors for optimal productivity
- Keep your room at 77 F as it is optimal room temperature to stay focused and concentrated
- 75% of employees are more productive when using distraction -killing-tools
- Going through your sticky notes within 24h increases memory by 70%
- Choose the right desk lamp with a cold white light (6000K) to improve concentration
- Smartphones offer high storage capacity, auditory and vibration alerts that help to improve memory.
- Green tea consists EGCG that reduces the memory impairment and neuronal damage (“brain drain”)
- Stay hydrated as a body water loss of 1-2% can impair cognitive performance.
- Eat an apple as it Is rich in vitamin B so eating it helps to improve brain health
- A well-made ergonomic office chair can increase focus
- Pets release oxytocln, the neuro-chemical of love, so when they stay with you in the workplace, It improves your job performance
- 20-minute bouts of exercise can boost memory
More About How To Increase Brain Power At The Workplace
1. Pay Attention to Design and Physical Work Environment
There’s the correlation between the interior design and your performance. It’s scientifically proven that environmental ergonomics in the workplace matters. When it comes to planning your workplace organization, the first step is to design a stimulating environment.
Once you know the best colors for productivity and focus in your workplace, you can affect the learning process without putting much effort.
Choose a green color for the walls as it improves efficiency and focus. Moreover, the green color creates a calm working environment, so you’re more likely to stay focused on completing your tasks.
A comfort climate can have a positive impact on your brain functioning, and having a humidifier can be a smart choice for better productivity.
Hold your workplace at 77°F as it’s an optimal room temperature to stay focused and concentrated.
Keep the humidity level at 30% in the winter and 40-60% in the summer.
Proper workplace lighting not only reduces the risk of eyestrain but also maximizes task performance.
Place your writing desk in front of the source of the natural light as it is one of the most important environmental factors for optimal productivity.
Your brain needs a constant supply of oxygen to give you a possibility to learn in the best way it can. Thus, it’s vital to avoid ventilation hazards as they can lead to fatigue and affect concentration.
Open windows for 5-10 minutes from time to time to air out the room with outdoor air.
Put a lemon oil air freshener to freshen up your workplace, boost mood, and get a good-smelling room that doesn’t distract from learning.
2. Choose the Right Furniture and Equipment
If you have created a perfect workplace design, that’s great. However, it’s also important to make sure your workplace has all the necessary stuff that keeps you more focused – from a good office chair to a place for storing all documents, books, and notes. Thus, it’s time to tackle your furniture and find the right equipment.
- Find a writing desk with an ample amount of surface area and shelves and drawers for your storage needs.
- Get an ergonomic chair with support, armrests, and adjustable seat/backrest height to invest in your health, comfort, and productivity.
- Hang shelves to get more organized and add coziness.
- Place a storage cupboard with drawers to keep all books and documents out of sight.
3. Reduce Distractions
With the rise of modern technologies, there are so many distractions around us that may interrupt the learning process. The fewer distractions you have, the more focused and productive you are.
- Use shelves and drawers to keep your items as decluttering brings better focus.
- Install distraction-killing tools (like Headspace or Tide) for your computer and smartphone to stay concentrated on learning.
- Keep the noise level at 40-50dBA to minimize the risk of distracting, and the easiest way to check it is your ability to speak without raising your voice.
4. Organize Your Desk
If you want to stay focused on learning things, you need to have quick access to all materials that can help the process. Although cleaning your desk off is great, it isn’t enough if you want to increase your brain power. You need to know how to organize it for better brain functioning.
- Put a desk lamp with a cold white light (6000 K) as it may improve concentration.
- Create reminders on your smartphone to get vibration alerts that help to keep a track on your tasks.
- Use stickers as going through your sticky notes within 24h increases memory by 70%.
- Keep your writing desk tidy as it increases your productivity by 15-20%.
5. Take Care of Your Health
If you want your brain to function properly, you need to improve your health even when you’re studying. To improve your memory and well-being, it’s important to eat healthy snacks, get enough sleep, and do physical activities. Moreover, there are some proven ways to take care of your health at the workplace that help to increase brain power.
- Meditate for 27 minutes a day to increase the grey matter in your brain that helps to boost focus and remember things better.
- Do physical activities to take a pause as even 20-minute bouts of exercise can boost memory
Lay a bet on smart snacks – drink green tea as it consists EGCG that reduces the memory impairment and neuronal damage (“brain drain”), stay hydrated as a body water loss of 1–2% can impair cognitive performance, eat an apple as it is rich in vitamin B so it helps to improve brain health.
6. Make Your Workplace Cozy
Since you spend much time at your workplace, it should inspire and motivate you. Last but not least, coziness matters. It’s in human’s nature to stay more productive and concentrated when you love the environment around you.
- Keep your work environment alive with plants as ornamental plants increase memory retention and concentration.
- Decorate your workplace with photos to add coziness. Plus, taking photos helps to remember the visual aspects of the moment better, so being fond of photography can impact your brainpower.
- Put books you love as reading printed books helps you better retain information.
- Play 3D-platform video games to relax and promote grey matter in the hippocampus.
- Let your cat or dog stay with you because pets in the workplace improve your job performance as they release oxytocin, the neurochemical of love.
The workplace environment affects humans’ behavior, mood, motivation, and even brain functioning. The more time you spend at the workplace, the more impact it has on you, and every single detail matters. Once you know workplace organization tricks, you’re in charge of increasing your brain power that allows you to save time on learning new things.