The Importance Of Social Learning Integration In The Work Place—Infographic
What Is Social Learning?
- It is learning through observation, imitation, or direct instruction.
- It is a cognitive and behavioral process that occurs in a social setting.
- It is the sharing of knowledge through various interactions with others.
Benefits Of Social Learning In The Workplace
- It is essential in employees' development.
- It encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- It boosts productivity.
- It helps in keeping employees competitive.
- It helps model positive behavior and motivates employees.
How To Integrate Social Learning In The Workplace
Use Technology As A Platform
- Create linked or group conversations via Slack or Google Hangouts
Conduct Seminars And Training
- Conduct training by groups or teams to make it more engaging and informative for all those involved.
- Introduce Coursera and other online learning platforms that offer short courses and trainings to professionals.
Facilitate Informal Team Interactions
- Townhall meetings
- Trivia quiz games to promote camaraderie
Encourage peers to give feedback on each other's work.