10 Fascinating Facts About The Internet Infographic
From surfing to taking help from the internet, today we find it difficult to imagine our life without the internet. But not many of us know these fascinating facts about the internet. So, let’s have a quick look at it:
- Approximately 3.7 billion people use the internet. Out of this, 1.8 billion of internet users are Asians.
- 55,000 websites are hacked every day.
- “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee is the most viewed YouTube video of all time with more than 3.5 Billion views.
- The first tweet was done on 21st March, 2006 by Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter).
- The majority of internet traffic is not generated by humans, but by bots and malware. According to a recent study conducted by Incapsula, 61.5% of all the web traffic is caused by Internet bots.
- The world’s first website (http://info.cern.ch/) is still alive and kicking.
- The internet is now 10,405 days old (as of September 6, 2017). If you want to keep an exact track of the counter, you can visit this site: https://howoldistheinter.net
- The queries that you search for are just a minuscule percentage of the internet and is often referred to as the ‘Surface Web’. The remaining part is called ‘Deep Web’ and it is much larger than the Surface Web.
- Almost half of the world’s population are internet users and nearly half of them are using Facebook.
- Internet users send more than 200 million emails every minute.
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.