Do You Know What eLearning Localization Is All About?-Infographic
eLearning Localization: What You Need To Know
Along with eLearning translation, localization is equally important. Here's what you need to know:
What Is eLearning Localization?
eLearning localization is all about adapting content to a specific location and its culture. Here are a few examples of elements in eLearning courses that can be localized:
- Images, photos, symbols
- Units of measurement, dates, currency
Why Is eLearning Localization Necessary?
- It takes care of cultural nuances and makes eLearning content relatable to learners
- Eliminates cultural differences
- Boosts knowledge retention
- Knowledge acquisition and retention is improved when learners come across images, example, or even colors aligned with their culture
How Do You Localize eLearning?
- Focus not only on the language but also the design. Even the choice of colors and fonts matter.
- Know your target audience. Find out their cultural preferences, preferred tone, and style of writing.
- Identify if there's a need for localization before you begin eLearning development. This can save time and money.