Effective Use of Instagram in the Classroom Infographic
It has been long since social media had made its way to classroom and been successfully influenced education to a good extent. Use of Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest have already reformed education and there are plenty of educators who batted for the use of social media in education as these media have introduced new learning activities in classroom. The Effective Use of Instagram in the Classroom Infographic shows how the popular social media, Instagram can be used as a learning tool in the classroom.
- One of the best ways to use Instagram in the classroom is to share various works of students, their creative artworks and let other students and their families see them. For this, you need to create a school community and make a private account for your school if you don’t want others to see your shares.
- Encourage your students to share photos related to their favorite subject. Math lovers can share any photo describing mathematical concepts like angles, parallel lines, etc. Similarly, students who love literature or language can share photos from fro their favorite books or characters.
- Let your students use their creativity and share with them photos that would prompt them to write essays or stories. Share a photo and ask them to compose a story as part of their weekly assignment.
- Use Instagram and reward a student once a month by featuring his/her works. This is a great way to encourage your students to carry on with their good work.
- Keep a track of student performance through their activities at the beginning and at the end of the year. Check out their shares and compare them to note their progress. There are sites like Prinstagr.am that offer low cost prints that you can use to see how your students have improved.
- Assign your students exciting projects like recording how a chemical compound changes color in Instagram or record the changes that occur when a plant unfurls.
- Create fun events! Ask your students to be a comic character for one day and share photos!