Teachers don't work hard enough! Really? Think Again!
- Average yearly salary $49,000
- Works 9 months
- Teaches 8 hours per day
- Arrives early or stays late by about an hour
- Spends 3-5 hours daily planning, grading, communicating with parents, attending meetings, etc.
- Spends 2-4 weeks per year participating in continuing education
- Spends 3 weeks per year planning curriculum
- Spends 4 weeks per year getting ready for the new school year
I would be extremely interested to know if you spend less or more time based on the above activities? What other activities would you like to add and how much time do you spend?