10 Best Practices to Design and Develop Exceptional Training Content Infographic
Whether you're creating initial training for your new employees to succeed or you're building training for all employees so they may acquire skills that move them to the next level of expertise, the quality of your training content is vitally important.
Good organizations value training and offer it to their employees. They also know to address both the shape their training program should take and the content areas it should cover. But how do these companies go from good to great and rise above the competition?
According to research results gathered over the last seven years by Training Industry, high performing organizations (Training Industry calls them "Great Training Organizations") have adopted these 10 best practices for exceptional training content design and development.
- Use industry, company or job-relevant examples.
- Involve subject matter experts as thought leaders.
- Use simulation as a means to engage learners.
- Use research-based information.
- Incorporate experiential activities.
- Blend delivery methods to accommodate multiple learning styles.
- Create easy to use support materials.
- Transition course materials back to those who request the training.
- Include post-training activities.
- Execute innovative design, especially with new technologies.
In your next training program, feel free to give some (or all) of these ideas a try! When you can improve your training content, your learners' experience and your company's effectiveness, what’s not to like?