Why You Need to Worry About Cyber Security For Your Organisation Infographic
We are in an age where cyber-protection is equally important as having a breakfast—you can skip it, but that would most likely harm you only. Based on a research conducted by Ipsos, HM Government, and the University of Portsmouth, here is a look at some of the findings from the research.
- 69% of businesses agree to cyber security being a high priority for managers.
- But only 51% of businesses have taken any action, only 29% have formal, written cyber security policies, and only 10% have a formal management program.
- Cyber threats and breaches are also becoming common each day. 65% of large firms detected a cyber breach or attack in the past year. Also, 25% of these firms experience a breach every month.
- 51% of businesses have taken the UK Government’s suggested ten steps to cyber security guidelines. This is suggestive of the fact that organisations are increasingly focusing on this issue.
- 22% of small-scale firms, 38% of medium-scale firms, and 62% of large-scale firms have had cyber security training in the past 12 months.
It’s important, more than ever, to train your employees toward security. Their knowledge in information security helps keep your information safe. Talk to PulseLearning about how they can help educate your employees toward making safer choices in handling their work operations.