The Big Benefits of eLearning Infographic
Did you know 40% of people have access to the internet around the globe today? In 1995, it was less than 1%. The figure increased tenfold from 1999 to 2013 and will only increase in the future. 46% of college student are taking at least one course online. However by 2019, roughly half of all college courses will be eLearning based. In 2011, it was estimated that about $35.6 billion was spent on eLearning across the globe. In 2015, online corporate training alone is estimated to be a $107 billion market. The Big Benefits of eLearning Infographic reviews the top 5 eLearning benefits.
Top 5 eLearning Benefits
- Time Savings. eLearning saves time as it can be accessed anywhere, at any time, resulting in cost savings. Additional time usually spent on Face to Face Training can be re-directed immediately into business tasks and operations.
- Reduced footprint. The environment benefits too. eLearning reduces our carbon footprint by replacing physical, printed training materials and reducing training travel requirements.
- Increased reach. eLearning allows a large, geographically dispersed audience to be reached 24/7, while providing exciting opportunities to personalise the experience.
- Cost savings. Moving content online results in business cost savings. eLearning eliminates expenses associated with face to face training such as travel, trainers, venue hire and printed materials.
- Improved pedagogy. eLearning strategies such as gamification, improve leaner engagement and increase leaner retention. The variety of eLearning tools available today makes it easy to cater for different learning styles.
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.