Back to School Infographic: Mobile Technology Trends in 2014
Mobile technology now plays a significant part in our daily lives , and has become one of the fastest growing technologies in the history – it took almost half a decade for the traditional phones to reach 40 percent people in the United States, while Smartphones made it to the same demographic in just 10 years. While mobile technology has moved into various sectors, it also has had a great impact on K-12 schools. They are planning on making smart classrooms, allowing mobile or tablet devices in the classroom within the next five years. The Back to School Infographic: Mobile Technology Trends in 2014 takes a look at how mobile technology is improving education in K-12 schools.
- The average K-12 student reads 24 books per year on a mobile or tablet device and 15 books per year in print
- 83% of schools will allow mobile or tablet devices in the classroom within the next 5 years
- Students who study on mobile or tablet devices spend 40 minutes more per week studying than those who don't
What Parents and Teachers Say
- Top 3 reasons why parents say mobile tech is good for kids:
- Promotes curiosity
- Helps kids learn about local and global events
- Makes learning fun
- 35 million parents plan to buy or have already bought a mobile or tablet device to support their child’s learning at school
Top 4 Back-to-School Tech Tools
- The TYLT Energi+ Backpack is a backpack geared towards tech savvy students that are constantly on-the-go. It features a built-in charging station and specially designed pockets with cable routing.
- FarFaria is a reading app for iOS & Android devices, giving elementary students and teachers access to over 750 books. The app includes a read-to-me feature, word spotlight and offline reading so that kids can read from anywhere.
- The Mycharge Jolt 2000M is a portable USB charger that clips onto backpacks and belt loops, giving kids an extra 9 hours of battery life so that they can still get ahold of their parents after a long day at school.
- StickNFind is a quarter-sized tracking device that sticks to anything, to ensure that kids’ valuables don't get lost while at school. Items can be tracked from over 100 feet away via a free mobile app.
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.