10 Tips for an Amazing School Year Infographic
A new school year is here! You are about to meet many new faces. With so many minds to inspire you need to make sure you are prepared. Learning helps our students break generational cycles, lead better quality lives, and make a positive mark on the world. This infographic includes 10 tips to equip you and your students for an amazing school year!
- Walk in motivated: You will have the rest of the year to get bogged down, stressed, and in the dumps. What's wrong with walking in believing you can really make a difference to your learners?
- Engage parents: Contact parents with positive messages about their children to let them know you believe in their children. I like to write emails and send one to each parent with a nice personal note about the student.
- Change the classroom environment: This includes learning stations, makerspaces, and shoeless classrooms!
- Encourage learners to take part in creating their own learning environments!
- Have them graffiti on butcher paper on the wall
- Have them post their inspirational quotes on the wall
- Have them help design the bulletin board, calendars, or your virtual learning spaces!
- Be preventative and proactive when it comes to managing your classroom
- Unbind yourself from textbooks: You know what your students need to learn so feel free to pick and choose what will work in the book and try having students be the main content creators of materials.
- Build a teacher survival kit
- Cultivate relationships
- Integrate technology effectively: Pedagogy first then technology. When we use technology it should:
- Support students ownership of learning
- Allow students to be content creators
- Engage and motivate students to be continuous learners
- Support effective communication, especially with peers worldwide
- Have fun! Students should leave your class feeling that math, science, reading, writing, etc. can be fun so that they continue the exploration and learning outside your class!