Who Are Today’s Adult Learners? Infographic
Adult learners are having a big impact throughout higher education. On campus and online, they represent a growing and diverse student population with an urgent need for flexible and affordable degree options. With multiple demands on their time and money, adult learners benefit from degree pathways that alleviate pressure on their time and provide opportunities to lower their cost of college.
Did you know?
- More than 40% of college students attend community colleges, but only 62% can afford to attend full-time
- 40% of college students work at least 30 hours per week
- 28% of college students are raising children
- From 2011 to 2015, 20% of students who attend a two-year college lived in food-insecure households
- In 2017, 14% of community college students experienced homelessness at one point
- 22% of adults have enrolled in some college but dropped out before earning a degree