41 Facts About Online Students Infographic
The 41 Facts About Online Students Infographic analyzes online students and their motivations for going back to school in an online setting.
Who Are The Online Students?
- 80% of online students live within 100 miles of a campus or service center of the institution they attend.
- 46% say their biggest motivation to enroll was to advance their current career.
- 37% of online students were the first in their family to attend college.
- 32% of higher education students now take at least one online course.
- 33% study business.
- More than 80% of online undergraduate students have transfer credits.
Why Students Enroll in Online Courses?
- 68% Balance: The ability to balance work, family, and social responsibilities more easily.
- 64% Anytime, Anywhere: Students love the ability to study anytime, anywhere are their own convenience
- 37% Accelerated Courses: Fast-track courses motivate students to earn a college degree in an online setting.
- 30% Cheaper: The overall lower cost of online courses is very appealing to online students.
- 18% Faster Completion Time: With great flexibility, online degrees are generally completed faster than traditional degrees.
- 12% Variety: Course variety is one of the top reasons students choose to enroll in online courses
- 9% Credential Potential: Greater potential for specific educational credentials.
- 9% Effectiveness: Some students find online learning methods more effective than a traditional college setting.
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.