10 Useful Tips for New Teachers Infographic
- Have clear goals and a big vision for students to learn and achieve at high levels
- Deny yourself and students the option of failure
- Celebrate success and reward students with activities that enhance their learning
- Learn and grow everyday
- Kick-start students thinking by beginning a class with a provocative statement
- Use students' strength in knowledge and behaviors to help them learn.
- Incorporate into your lessons physical and social activities as well as intellectual activities.
- Share with students the strategies you use yourself.
- Consider joining mentor program or teachers union.
- Be flexible and respond to students learning needs.
Teaching can be tough. Especially If it is your first time with a classroom of your very own, it can be hard. It is important to remember that every teacher starts out in the same place – new – and learns by doing along the way.