10 Tips To Build Your Professional Learning Community Infographic
Educators are no longer limited by what is offered geographically nearby, so they can get into what really interests them, even if the expert is on the other side of the globe, and their colleagues are scattered about and have never met in person. Everyone has a personal, professional learning community, and curating that group of people takes some time and effort.
How To Build Your Professional Learning Community
- Don’t be afraid to do some hard work and make some mistakes
- Figure out what you want to learn about, and join discussions on these topics
- Participate in the discussions! Show you are a thought leader
- Talk to your colleagues who are interested in collaborating
- Don’t be afraid to build a new community of colleagues online
- Take an online course or watch some instructional videos
- Start a blog or other outlet to share your ideas and thoughts – start building an audience
- Talk to a ton of thought leaders – on Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, etc
- Attend meetups and conferences
- Keep in touch with the new people you meet!