Edtech Trends Infographic
The education technology trend continues to heat up and, slowly but surely, a lot of the most innovative tools are making their way into the classroom. It’s an incredible time to be involved in education. The 10 Current and Future Edtech Trends Infographic takes a look at some of the biggest edtech trends of the modern classroom and also what’s coming soon to a classroom near you.
4 Current EdTech Trends Worth Knowing About
- The usage of SMS / text messaging in the classroom. Apps like Remind are taking off and making it easier for parents, teachers, and students to communicate.
- Leveraging social media IN the classroom. Teachers are communicating with students via Twitter like never before.
- Free online courses are a sort of ‘Tutoring 2.0′ for many students. This includes Khan Academy, edX, Udacity, and other providers.
- 3D printing is being used in some high schools as a way provide hands-on learning through the use of technology.
6 Future EdTechTrends To Watch
- Universities (and many other schools) are starting to embrace digital textbooks. Huge money-saving times ahead?
- Many school counselors are able to make ‘house calls’ and keep better track of students using time management tools and communication software.
- A new push into STEAM is happening. This is your typical STEM studies with a healthy dose of art. That’s the ‘A’ in case you were curious. It’s offering a truly varied education experience for all ages.
- BYOD is continuing to become the biggest way for edtech to come into the classroom. Check out the Los Angeles iPad rollout to see what happens when you don’t go BYOD and opt for a more school-centric approach.
- Google Classroom and the array of other free cloud-based tools are making it easier for schools to move important information into the cloud. Look for more free cloud-based apps and tools to pop up in the form of edtech startups.
- Open textbooks are gaining ground in many K-12 schools in the U.S. This means students, parents, and teachers will be able to actually download, refine, and share their textbooks with ease.