Online Discussion Tips Infographic
At the Online Discussion Tips Infographic you will find 15 Tips for Facilitation Online Discussion plus 11 Prompts to Stimulate Conversation.
15 Tips For Facilitating Online Discussion
- Start reading posts early
- Give constructive feedback, public and private
- Identify writing issues early
- Participate frequently
- Follow the rubric
- Stimulate conversation
- Make it real
- Empower the students to share
- Keep it alive
- Praise well written arguments
- Never criticize publicly
- Never wait too long to stimulate discussion
- Never take one side
- Never discount someone’s experience
- Never let inaccurate information go unnoticed
11 Prompts to Stimulate Conversation
- Can you clarify?
- Do you need anything else to answer this?
- Do you think?
- Do you agree with?
- So are you saying?
- Have you seen?
- So on the news, I noticed something similar
- What do your friends think?
- Is there someone else you can ask?
- Where did you hear that?
- Do you have a reference for that?