At the Online Discussion Tips Infographic you will find 15 Tips for Facilitation Online Discussion plus 11 Prompts to Stimulate Conversation.
15 Tips For Facilitating Online Discussion
- Start reading posts early
- Give constructive feedback, public and private
- Identify writing issues early
- Participate frequently
- Follow the rubric
- Stimulate conversation
- Make it real
- Empower the students to share
- Keep it alive
- Praise well written arguments
- Never criticize publicly
- Never wait too long to stimulate discussion
- Never take one side
- Never discount someone’s experience
- Never let inaccurate information go unnoticed
11 Prompts to Stimulate Conversation
- Can you clarify?
- Do you need anything else to answer this?
- Do you think?
- Do you agree with?
- So are you saying?
- Have you seen?
- So on the news, I noticed something similar
- What do your friends think?
- Is there someone else you can ask?
- Where did you hear that?
- Do you have a reference for that?