For those who choose teaching as a career, it isn't typically for the high paycheck. But, there are some things that can have a positive or negative influence on a teacher's pay. And some of them may surprise you.
- What you teach can increase or decrease your salary.
- Secondary school teachers with a master's degree make 7% more than those with just a bachelor's degree.
- Those with a PhD make 11% more.
- Teaching at a private school can reduce a teacher's salary by 11%
- 86% of elementary teachers are female.
Best-Paying Metro Areas
- Bridgeport, CT $53,500
- Bakersfield, CA $51,300
- Riverside, CA $49,600
- Riverside, CA $54,700
- San Jose, CA $54,700
- New Haven, CT $53,600
- Boston, MA $103,000
- Philadelphia, PA $99,100
- San Francisco, CA $97,700
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.