The Impact Of COVID-19 On Learning And Development—Infographic
5% of L&D professionals think their learning strategy, investment and resourcing will never go back to what it was before the pandemic.
Implications L&D has faced during the crisis:
- Unprepared for a digital-only approach
- Focus shifted to crucial business operations
- Reduced budgets and changed expectations
- Revamped strategy to fulfill purpose and mission
As a result, an 82% increase in demand for digital learning from decision-makers has been noted, while 81% of learning leaders plan to adopt new training techniques.
Best Practices To Engage Virtual Audience
- Plan shorter sessions with definite objectives
- Include activities to ensure participation
- Set training expectations: agenda, platform, technology
- Provide performance support and resources
94% of L&D professionals report having to change their L&D strategy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Delivery Methods For Virtual Training
- Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
- Virtual Classroom
- Whiteboard training
- Blended eLearning